Important safety information!Potential fire risk though use of nozzle cleaner for Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care, Geberit AquaClean 8000plus and Balena 8000
If you currently own a Geberit shower toilet from the AquaClean 8000plus Care, AquaClean 8000plus or Balena 8000 series, this is to inform you that a potential risk resulting from the use of Geberit nozzle cleaner has been identified for which you may need to undertake immediate preventative actions.
Whilst the utmost care has been taken in the design and manufacture of your AquaClean 8000plus Care, AquaClean 8000plus or Balena 8000, we have discovered that the use of the Geberit nozzle cleaner fluid could result in leakage onto internal components causing damage. In the unlikely worst-case scenario, such damage could cause a fire. Your continued safety and comfort through the normal safe working of the product is our absolute priority as we undertake action to resolve this issue.
If you have not used nozzle cleaner in recent years or your product is manufactured after March 2014, then no risk exists and you can disregard this communication.
How to check
A hazard exists only if the following two points both apply:
1. You use the Geberit nozzle cleaner as illustrated:
2. Your shower toilet has a production date prior to March 2014. The production date can be identified from the serial number fixed to the inside of the flap, see below:
If your product was produced before March 2014 and you have been using the nozzle cleaner in the past two years, then we strongly recommend that you follow these safety measures without delay:
1. Switch off the product
2. Switch the product on only during use and then off again after use. This will ensure hazard-free operation even if there are residual quantities of nozzle cleaner in the tank.
3. Should you notice signs of leaking, please leave the product completely switched off and contact Geberit Customer Support at phone number 0800 389 9413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A trained technician will be in contact to arrange a safety inspection visit.
4. Any bottles of nozzle cleaner you have should no longer be used. No nozzle cleaner should be refilled, even if the red indicator light is illuminated. When the nozzle cleaner is not used, safe cleaning with fresh water after each use continues to be ensured. We will send you a new nozzle cleaner solution as soon as one becomes available.
5. Call Geberit Customer Support immediately on 0800 389 9413 to discuss the next steps that Geberit shall undertake to return your product to its full safe and normal working condition. This service will be fully paid for by Geberit. Our trained advisors are ready to talk to you and help with any concerns.
We are taking this matter extremely seriously and are expanding our UK based Customer Support team. Waiting times may occur, as such we appreciate your patience should you have to wait. Following the guidance given above will eliminate the possibility of hazard during this time.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this matter, and would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to you in advance for your patience, support and understanding.
Questions for end usersQuestions on use of device and nozzle cleaner
For wholesaler and plumber
If you are a distributor of the nozzle cleaner from Geberit (wholesaler or plumber), we kindly request that you implement the following measures without fail:
If you have not received a letter from Geberit, please contact us: 0800 389 9413
1. Remove existing stocks from the product range.
2. We shall coordinate with you further procedures to be implemented. If you have received a letter from Geberit, all additional information can be found in the correspondence.
We sincerely apologise to all of our customers and partners for all inconveniences arising in connection with this matter.