Shower toilet technology from Geberit
Research and development in the shower toilet sector
At its headquarters in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, Geberit has spent the last 40 years investing a great deal of know-how and development work into shower toilet technology, continuing to develop its products all the time. Geberit has been able to develop plenty of patented technologies over the last four decades, and it shows no signs of slowing down. The aim is to optimise products and adapt them to current requirements.
“When developing our shower toilets, we refuse to compromise on comfort and well-being. The calm, aesthetic design is based on a groundbreaking product concept and features revolutionary, innovative technologies. We are setting standards for functionality, cleanliness and sustainability.”
Armin Gierer, Geberit AquaClean Product Line Manager
Production of a shower toilet
Production of a shower toilet
Flow technology, acoustics and ergonomics for supreme comfort
- Geberit has developed the innovative TurboFlush technology, which gives the ceramic an asymmetrical inner geometry and ensures the toilet is flushed out quietly yet efficiently.
- Odour extraction and flushing out are particularly quiet thanks to sophisticated acoustics.
- Our ergonomically shaped WC seats are made of high-quality plastic and have been developed based on extensive design studies and tests.
Perfect interaction of design and technology
- As technology reduced in size, it became possible to develop the lean, simple design elegance of our shower toilets.
- All electrical and water supply connections are cleverly concealed within the products themselves.
- Installation and maintenance is simple thanks to the modular, easily accessible technology.
Cleaning made easy
- The scratch-resistant Geberit KeraTect® special glaze is dirt-repellent and ensures hygienic cleanliness. With its virtually pore-free, extremely smooth surface, it protects against bacteria and germs.
- The spray arm and the spray nozzles are cleaned automatically in the AquaClean shower toilets. They are always clean as they are rinsed with fresh water before and after each use. The spray nozzle is cleaned in park position and the entire spray arm is cleaned with additional water supplied externally as it extends and retracts. This significantly reduces the need for manual cleaning.
- A specially developed descaling programme cleans all water-bearing components.
Safety for drinking water
- Geberit AquaClean shower toilets comply with all relevant European regulations, including the EN 1717 potable water standard.
- Geberit meets this standard using an integrated water supply connection with backflow protection, ensuring that the shower toilets can never cause impurities to filter into the drinking water network.
Perfectly tailored to Geberit installation elements
- Our shower toilets enable you to incorporate supreme comfort into your bathroom and are easy to install. They can be combined with all Geberit GIS and flushing systems and can be installed quickly and easily in both renovated and new bathrooms.
- Geberit has adapted all WC installation elements so that all water and electrical connections fit perfectly and are hidden from view.
Top marks for sustainability
- Our shower toilet complete solutions perform well in life cycle assessments. Thanks to intelligent control technology, that doesn’t mean we have to lower our sights when it comes to comfort.
- The AquaClean models only consume 0.5 watts of energy in standby (economy) mode.
- Compared to using toilet paper, the additional water used in a shower toilet has a smaller environmental impact.