Important safety information!
Potential fire risk though use of nozzle cleaner for Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care, Geberit AquaClean 8000plus and Balena 8000
If you currently own a Geberit shower toilet from the AquaClean 8000plus Care, AquaClean 8000plus or Balena 8000 series, this is to inform you that a potential risk resulting from the use of Geberit nozzle cleaner has been identified for which you may need to undertake immediate preventative actions.
Whilst the utmost care has been taken in the design and manufacture of your AquaClean 8000plus Care, AquaClean 8000plus or Balena 8000, we have discovered that the use of the Geberit nozzle cleaner fluid could result in leakage onto internal components causing damage. In the unlikely worst-case scenario, such damage could cause a fire. Your continued safety and comfort through the normal safe working of the product is our absolute priority as we undertake action to resolve this issue.
If you have not used nozzle cleaner in recent years or your product is manufactured after March 2014, then no risk exists and you can disregard this communication.
How to check
A hazard exists only if the following two points both apply:
• You use the Geberit nozzle cleaner as illustrated below:
• Your shower toilet has a production date prior to March 2014. The production date can be identified from the serial number fixed to the inside of the flap, see below:
If your product was produced before March 2014 and you have been using the nozzle cleaner in the past two years, then we strongly recommend that you follow these safety measures without delay:
1. Switch off the product as illustrated below.
2. Switch the product on only during use and then off again after use. This will ensure hazard-free operation even if there are residual quantities of nozzle cleaner in the tank.
3. Should you notice signs of leaking, please leave the product completely switched off and contact Geberit Customer Support at phone number 0800 389 9413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . A trained technician will be in contact to arrange a safety inspection visit.
4. Any bottles of nozzle cleaner you have should no longer be used. No nozzle cleaner should be refilled, even if the red indicator light is illuminated. When the nozzle cleaner is not used, safe cleaning with fresh water after each use continues to be ensured. We will send you a new nozzle cleaner solution as soon as one becomes available.
5. Call Geberit Customer Support immediately on 0800 389 9413 to discuss the next steps that Geberit shall undertake to return your product to its full safe and normal working condition. This service will be fully paid for by Geberit. Our trained advisors are ready to talk to you and help with any concerns.
We are taking this matter extremely seriously and are expanding our UK based Customer Support team. Waiting times may occur, as such we appreciate your patience should you have to wait. Following the guidance given above will eliminate the possibility of hazard during this time.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this matter, and would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to you in advance for your patience, support and understanding.
Questions on use of device and nozzle cleaner
Can I continue to use my device?
As long as the main switch is switched off after each use as shown in the above graphic, the device can continue to be used without hazards.
Who is organising the solution and when?
The solution is being organised by Geberit. We are not yet able to announce at the present time when this will take place in individual cases. Our Customer Service will contact all known end users by telephone for clarification. Despite our best efforts, this may however take several weeks, due to the number of devices needing to be checked. We kindly ask your understanding.
I would like to have a solution at once. I need the device every day.
We are doing everything we can to resolve the situation permanently as quickly as possible. Immediate elimination of the problem is unfortunately not possible due to the large number of devices on the market. Daily hazard-free utilisation is possible as long as the device is switched off after each use.
What should I do with old nozzle cleaner bottles?
Old nozzle cleaner bottles must not be used again under any circumstances. Existing stocks of nozzle cleaner can be disposed of in the WC with a subsequent flush. Please inform our Customer Service when they contact you whether you still had nozzle cleaner. Replacements will of course be provided to you as soon as a new formulation for the nozzle cleaner is available.
Is it still hygienic to use the spray functionality even without nozzle cleaner?
Yes, even when the nozzle cleaner tank is empty, a fresh-water flush takes place after each use.
What should I do when the device display indicates that the nozzle cleaner tank is empty?
When an empty tank is displayed (red indicator light lights up), do not refill it with anything. Even if the nozzle cleaner is not used, cleaning with fresh water after each use continues to be ensured. We will send new nozzle cleaner as soon as it becomes available.
Can my plumber eliminate the hazard?
No. Because only the manufacturer is permitted to perform the replacement of potentially hazardous electronic parts, we kindly request that you rely exclusively on Geberit.
For wholesaler and plumber
If you are a distributor of the nozzle cleaner from Geberit (wholesaler or plumber), we kindly request that you implement the following measures without fail:
If you have not received a letter from Geberit, please contact us: 0800 389 9413
1. Remove existing stocks from the product range.
2. We shall coordinate with you further procedures to be implemented. If you have received a letter from Geberit, all additional information can be found in the correspondence.
We sincerely apologise to all of our customers and partners for all inconveniences arising in connection with this matter.
Questions on the use of device and nozzle cleaner
What should I do with residual stocks of nozzle cleaner?
Please discontinue the sale of nozzle cleaner at once. Please return existing residual stocks to Geberit, you will naturally be issued a credit note for them. Please contact us if you have not received any correspondence from us.
What should I do with potentially affected devices?
As a general rule, all of the devices produced after March 2014 do not represent a risk and can be used without any danger. In order to ensure certainty with respect to production date, we ask that you contact us with the serial numbers.
We have various devices in the customer toilet. What should I do?
Please follow the instructions for end users in such cases.
I am a plumber myself. Can I eliminate the hazard?
No. Because only the manufacturer is permitted to perform the replacement of potentially hazardous electronic parts, we kindly request that you refer customers with potentially hazardous devices exclusively to Geberit.
What can I do to protect potentially endangered customers?
Wholesalers and plumbers can help find potentially affected devices. Because not all customers have registered with Geberit, we ask that you send us addresses of customers who have purchased potentially affected devices from you or who purchased nozzle cleaner starting in 2011. Geberit shall contact the respective end users directly in order to carry out work on the devices that may be required. Neither the wholesalers nor the plumbers should be made responsible for such work.